The great Yves Saint Laurent said that “what is important in a dress is the woman who wears it”, an important sentiment to remember when shopping for fall dresses. Fall-inspired dresses offer a smooth transition from the pandemic uniform of t-shirts and sweatpants to a more polished and assembled look. Plus, there are all kinds of styles to choose from, which means there’s a fall dress for every occasion on your calendar. There is the comfortable knit number which is perfect for weather fluctuations; the perfect shirt dress for going back to the office, for lunch or anything in between; the casual weekend dress for catching up with your brunch team or running errands; the mini dress that can accompany you from day to night; and the leather dress, a staple of your fall rotation. Read ahead to find out our picks for the best fall dresses.
Cozy knit dress
It’s as comfortable as wearing a blanket, but with a flattering shape. The mesh dress is suitable for all your fall festivities and can be dressed up with boots or down with sneakers.
The Shirt Dress
Like a blouse, but longer and with more pizazz. If you’re dreading going back to the office and can’t decide what to wear, the answer is simple: a shirt dress.
The casual dress for the weekend
Whether you’re running around town with a to-do list or having a casual get-together with friends in the best new brunch spot, wear your easy weekend dress with your favorite flats and shoulder bag.
The Mini Dress
Pair these mini dresses with your favorite tall boots (and tights if you feel like it) to balance the proportions and you’re ready for a look that can go from day to night.
The leather dress
While leather isn’t totally exclusive to cooler temperatures, it performs well during the fall season. Whatever your schedule, the leather dress is extremely versatile and can even be layered over a turtleneck for extra warmth.
More great stories from Vanity Show
– Met Gala 2021: See the best dressed stars on the red carpet
– The tests of Diet Prada
– 2021 Emmys: Check Out All The Red Carpet Looks
– Longtime Anthony Bourdain director and producer releases memoir
– 2021 Met Gala American Theme Winners: Who Done It Best?
– In the HermÃ¨s workshop which manufactures its iconic bags
– Love is a crime: In one of Hollywood’s craziest scandals
– The best beauty moments from the 2021 Emmy Awards
– Ted Lasso: How to dress like Keeley and Rebecca
– Archives: Influencers on the CÃ´te d’Utopia
– Subscribe to “The Buyline” to receive an organized list of fashion, book and beauty purchases in a weekly newsletter.