One of the most beloved holidays on the calendar, Navratri is celebrated with great aplomb in several parts of the country. If you haven’t yet felt the joy of the holidays, wait for the holiday season to intensify as the year progresses. Navratri is number one on the charts, which means nine nights of fancy dress, nights of dancing and more. This week calls for an upgrade in your wardrobe. Make sure you get your A-game when it comes to fashion as things get competitive on the dance floor. This time of year is when people wait to dress in their finery and take to the dance floor.
Choosing an outfit for the Navratri celebrations has three conditions: colorful, eye-catching and hassle-free. Scroll forward for the best styling options to hold you prominently during the nine days of the festivities:
1. If you want to go with the favorite hue for the celebrations which is bright red, go for a sharara ensemble adorned with gota patti work. Also consider the color block kurta. If you want a traditional but quirky category, invest in an ivory kurta with cape or a printed kurta with an irregular hem.
Read: Navratri 2021, Day 1: Date, Color, Mata Shailputri Mantra, Puja Vidhi, Ghatasthapana, Mantras, Timings and Meaning
2. Appropriate accessories are essential. Don’t be a creature of habit, step out of your comfort zone by choosing stellar add-ons. Your ensemble can be twice as impressive with a pair of beaded chaandbalis or floral earrings.
3. Juttis and metallic flats are definitely a winning choice when it comes to footwear. You don’t want to spend time fixing your outfit or your shoes while dancing. So the right choice of shoes will help you dance the night away.
Read: Happy Navratri 2021: WhatsApp Images, Wishes, Quotes, Messages and Greetings to Share with Family and Friends
4. Twirl-worthy lehengas and also lehengas without dupattas are an interesting take on ethnic festive clothing. Mix elegance and drama for a sure sartorial victory. Think mirror lehengas or dare with unconventional colors. Adding a touch of tradition with multicolored bandhani or lehenga serves the right mix of current trends and age-old customs.
Why Women Should Have Fun With Fashion. All of you men need to check how much you have invested in ethnic clothing and when is the best time to do it all. The big part of traditional men’s looks is its universal appeal. Here’s how you can update your ethnic wardrobe this season with a strong modern twist:
1. For traditional occasions, add a royal touch to your look with a printed silk kurta. Wear yours with a churidar, jeans and suede wing tips. A slim dark blazer as well as formal leather matching works great if you are looking for a slightly different look, layer it over a striped or ethnic print t-shirt.
Read: Navratri 2021: From Dholi Taro to Shubhaarambh, Bollywood songs that are perfect to fit this Navratri; Watch videos
2. Think of a dark, well-cut sherwani. Tonal textured styles on overly embellished ones. Are highly recommended. Alternatively, your sherwani can be lined with a long coat. Finish the look with leather shoes or toss it over a t-shirt or jeans.
3. Classic black is a mainstay in formal outings, but informal occasions give you the chance to flaunt newer styles with details like pleats and contrasting trims. Remember, the silk scarf is suitable for the welt pocket and is the perfect addition to the evening suit.