Dublin, July 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Global Leather Chemicals Market 2022-2027” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The leather chemicals market size is expected to reach US$8.7 billion by 2027, after growing at a CAGR of 5.8% during 2022-2027. Leather chemicals are used for the treatment of leather.
Rising consumption of leather in various end-use industries such as footwear, apparel, automotive, and others is driving the market growth over the forecast period. Changing lifestyle and rising levels of consumer spending in developing countries are the supporting factors driving the growth of the market.
Leather is used for making luxury goods and interiors. Increasing adoption of premium upholstery leather in luxury cars and growing luxury car sales are positively impacting the market growth between 2022 and 2027. Leather chemicals act as modifiers fundamental to impart color, texture, softness and pattern to the final leather products. However, growing environmental concerns and rising operating costs for leather products are likely to hamper the market growth over the forecast period.
Key points to remember
- Asia-Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period (2022-2027). Changing lifestyles, increasing consumer spending, emerging economies and rapid population growth are the major factors driving the market growth.
- Leather processing is involved in several chemical reactions. The beam house process is the basic process. The chemicals used for the beam house process include cleaning chemicals and degreasing agents.
- Manufacturers are involved in the development of advanced chemicals for the leather industry. Leather processing industries are looking for high quality and environmentally friendly processing chemicals.
Leather Chemicals Market Segment Analysis – By Form
The liquid leather chemicals segments accounted for around 60% of the market share in 2020 and are expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Liquid leather chemicals are widely preferred over leather treating chemicals due to their high performance properties compared to powder based chemicals. Liquid-based chemicals are environmentally friendly, dust-free and easy to handle. Liquid leather dyes are concentrated solutions of anionic dyes free of NMP (N-Methyl-Pyrolidone). Chemicals in liquid form are readily soluble in organic solvents and water and provide flexibility when dyeing leather and water-based finishes.
Leather Chemicals Market Segment Analysis – By Chemical Type
The chromium sulfate segment accounted for over 8% of the market share in 2020 and is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. Chromium sulfate chemicals are used for tanning applications in the leather industry. Chromium sulfate improves the softness and suppleness of leather products. Chrome tanned leather products contain 4-5% chromium chemicals, which are tightly bound to protein. The majority of leather products such as shoes, bags, gloves are tanned with chromium sulphate. The biocides segment is expected to register a moderate growth rate over the forecast period. Biocides are generally chemicals for leather during storage and transport applications. Biocides protect leather and leather products from damage caused by bacteria and fungi.
Leather Chemicals Market Segment Analysis – By Application
The tanning and dyeing segment accounted for more than 20% of the market share in 2020 and is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. The process of tanning involves treating animal hides and skins to produce leather. The tanning treatment is used to turn animal hides into durable, supple and high quality cuts of leather. The tanning process helps protect animal skin from decomposition. Oak pit tanning, vegetable tanning and chrome tanning are the tanning methods commonly used in the leather processing industry. Growing production of footwear and leather products in emerging economies is driving the market for tanning and dyeing applications over the forecast period. The most common chemicals used in the tanning process include chromium and vegetable tannins. The beam house segment occupies the second position in the application segment in terms of share. The processing of the beam house involved trimming, soaking, fleshing and dehairing operations. Biocides, surfactants, degreasers, lime, enzymes and others are the common chemicals used in beam applications.
Leather Chemicals Market Segment Analysis – By End-Use Industry
The footwear segment accounted for over 40% of the market share in 2020 and is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. Population growth along with increasing consumer spending for personal needs is driving the footwear industry market. Leather is one of the most widely used raw materials for making different types of footwear such as shoes, moccasins, boots, sandals and others. Finishing chemicals are leather chemicals widely used in the footwear industry to improve the aesthetic view. According to data released by Statista, China led the global footwear industry in 2019 and the country produced more than 13.5 billion pairs of shoes.
Leather Chemicals Market Segment Analysis – By Geography
Asia-Pacific held the largest leather chemicals market share in 2020 at up to 40%, owing to the presence of several leather processing units and tanneries in the region. The presence of developing countries such as China and India is driving the market growth in the region. Rapid population growth, growing number of working people, and growing income levels are some of the major factors driving the regional market. Abundant sources of raw materials and availability of labor also supporting regional demand. India is one of the major leather manufacturers in the world.
The country produces approximately 3 billion square feet of leather each year. The growing footwear industry in the region is driving the growth of the market during the period 2022-2027. India accounts for around 11% of the global footwear production in 2019. These are some of the major supporting factors propelling the market growth in the Asia-Pacific region. The European region is expected to hold a major market share in the global market during the forecast period. The presence of major foaming chemical manufacturers including Bayer AG, BASF, Laxness AG, Stahl International BV and others is driving the regional growth.
Main topics covered:
1. Leather Chemicals Market – Market Overview
2. Leather Chemicals Market – Executive Summary
- Main trends by shape
- Main trends by chemical type
- Top Trends by Application
- Top Trends by End-Use Industry
- Main trends by geography
3. Leather Chemicals Market – Benchmarking
- Market share analysis – large companies
- Product Benchmarking – Large Companies
- Top 5 financial analyzes
- Patent Analysis – Large Companies
- Price analysis
4. Leather Chemicals Market – Market Forces
- Market factors
- Market constraints
- Porters Five Force Model
5. Leather Chemicals Market – Strategic Analysis
- Value/supply chain analysis
- Opportunity analysis
- Product/market life cycle
- Distributor Analysis – Large Companies
6. Leather Chemicals Market – By Form (Market Size – USD Million/Billion)
7. Leather Chemicals Market – By Chemical Type (Market Size – USD Million/Billion)
- 7.3 Degreasers
- Chromium sulfate
- Swelling Control Agents
- sodium sulphide
- sodium hydrosulfide
- caustic soda
- sodium carbonate
- Sodium formate
- Ammonium sulfate
- Ammonium chloride
- Sodium metabisulphite
- Sodium metabisulphite
8. Leather Chemicals Market – By Application (Market Size – USD Million/Billion)
- Tanning & Dyeing
- Deliming and threshing
9. Leather Chemicals Market – By End-Use Industry (Market Size – USD Million/Billion)
- Textiles & Fashion
- Saddlery & Harness
10. Leather Chemicals Market – By Geography (Market Size – USD Million/Billion)
11. Leather Chemicals Market – Entropy
- New product launches
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Collaborations, Joint Ventures and Partnerships
12. Company Analysis of Leather Chemicals Market – Business Overview, Product Portfolio, Financials and Developments
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4v1cbn
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.